Friday, January 11, 2008

It's the little things...

So current client has their machines fully locked down. No local admin access, no ability to install stuff etc.

Only problem I have is it means I can't effectively run IIS on my local machine... But thanks to MS I don't have to.

MS has nicely included a little asp.net web server that will do what I need. It's not full featured (e.g. no complex security, etc.) But it will get the job done for local development. Then it's just push the code to a test server for QA & integration testing.

Oh and getting to sqlexpress almost looked like a pain until I remembered it's a named instance. So you have to use computername/sqlexpress, not just computername to get to it.

So looks like I will be able to set up a development environment in a locked down OS.

Next up MVC vs. MVP...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home