Friday, January 11, 2008

An Open Source Project that might temp me...

Actually I sent them an email already, so I'll get notified once they have an SDK and thoughts about what they need...

www.quarq.us

Quarq is developing two products for the cycling community. The first is a power meter for you crank. This is a device that measures power output in watts. Usefull for training and such. The neat aspect is it uses the Ant+Sport wireless protocol. Ant+Sport is an attempt to create a unified protocol for wireless sports devices like heart rate monitors, bike and running computers, etc.

The open source part comes in for their bike computer. It's going to be Linux based and have gps built in (in theory.)

So don't know what they'll need but... if it fits my interests I'll pursue it (and maybe get a pre-production unit to test and play with!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home