Monday, February 16, 2015

two rides at the new FTP... ouch

So Sat & Sun did two rides at the new FTP level... Sufferfest vids again, Revolver, then A Very Dark Place.

Revolver:
this one consists of 15 1 minute full on sprint efforts then 1 minute of recovery. Very ouchy... In my case after the first 5 efforts I knew my legs weren't going to keep it up so I dialed it back 10% effort wise (TrainerRoad has an adjustment so you can dial back the plan if you need to.)

It's a good workout, but rough as you're doing one effort after another.

A Very Dark Place:
More designed for strength/power this is five 4 minute efforts at or above FTP. It's a mix of high cadence and then low cadence with resistance to simulate hills.
I"ve done it before, so at the higher FTP definitely more of a work out. But I didn't have to dial it back was able to get through it and pretty much stick to the power goals.

So in short... yeah I've needed to re-examine my FTP for a while, now these rides feel like work. But still fun I enjoy the music and sarcasm in the vids.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done! The first rides on a new FTP are never pleasant, but the results are :)

-Trevor from TrainerRoad

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home