Wednesday, December 02, 2009

getting back on the wagon...

Weight is way up...
Had (and still recovering from) the worst gout attack for me. Of course didn't recognize the symptoms, and it started just before Thanksgiving. So 4 days of not really managing it... But that's changed and the foot is starting to feel better.

So diet front, Started on Dec 1...
Hacker's Diet (www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/www/hackdiet.html) essentially keep track of what you eat, but from an engineering approach as it were. Once again I'm using Google Docs for the spreadsheet. Goal is 2000 kcal a day or less. Snuck in at 1950 yesterday, essentially if I can behave at work and not snack at home, I'll be fine. I'll also try to use rules from the No S diet to help change habits (www.nosdiet.com). These two approaches are probalby my fovorite for no nonsense, no tricks, diets. Not easy to follow, but no fads, etc.

Once the gout eases up I'll start running again. First event is a 10k on Jan 1. Should be doable... Then we'll get the rest of the schedule firmed up.

Finally hope eldest daughter likes the martial art I'll be taking her to this weekend. If so I'll attend the intro class that happens right after the youth class.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home