Saturday, January 09, 2010

Diet and Exercise update

So... After the Jan 1 Polar Dash 5k I got on the bike twice this week. Too short 30 min. rides. The basic routine is 10 min warm up (big ring/19) than 3 sprint/intensity things (forget the formal name). Essentially start in big ring and 19 than over 30 seconds keep shifting gears till I'm in the 13 in back. Trying to "sprint" during that and shooting for a solid 10 seconds of being in the 13. Then a 30 second rest and repeat.

Overall a decent work out, and I'm way out of shape.

Diet has been going so so... trying to cut calories and succeeding most days. Weight is slowly coming down.

Finally... yes we got a Wii with the balance board. I'm using it to track my weight and having fun with the balance and reaction games. Not so big on the aerobics but that's because I'm picky on that front.

So overall feeling pretty positive... next post, a return to Aikido.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home